Mission is for everybody.
Matthew 28: 19a tells us to go and make disciples of all nations, while Acts 1: 8b says “and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth”. St John’s has a heart for North Africa – and we have been sending teams on short-term outreaches to Egypt, and more recently Sudan, just about every year since 1999. For the past few years, we have also sent youth teams to Lesotho. We encourage our parishioners to go on an outreach. Those who have been will testify to the amazing blessing that it is – whatever we give of ourselves, we receive back far more in so many ways!
Why we go
The purpose of these outreaches is to sow into the lives of Christians in the persecuted church and their ministries.
We have five focus points when it comes to mission:
- To pray the presence of Christ into every situation.
- To compile information to bring home.
- To sow into the Church and the lives of Christians, through finance and general support of their ministries.
- To form strong links with the Church and the Church family.
- To be with Christ’s family in physical form – to be Christ’s letter of love.